NeuroLogics is a central element of NeuroMind technology. NeuroLogics provides a simulation suite for neural networks. It incorporates many novel concepts while maintaining a high level of performance and excellent scalability.
Among the highlights are:
- spatial three dimensional neural networks
- realtime simulation
- Hebbian like wiring mechanism (with different dynamics however)
- spatial chemistry simulation to influence neuron dynamics
- designed for later deployment of genetic/evolutionary mechanisms
- high performance, multi-threaded architecture
NeuroMind technology NeuroLogics provides the base for all further research. It consists of these parts:
- NeuroLogics Server, the "core" of NeuroLogics. It provides an advanced simulation engine for neural networks and allows clients to connect to it and to interact with the network.
- NeuroLogics Client provides a central interface for controlling a NeuroLogics server instance, loading and storing neural networks, monitoring neural activity and also provides control elements for simple interactions with the network.
- NeuroLogics Web Suite allows monitoring a simulated brain on any web enabled device (including mobile phones).
- NeuroLogics Designer is a graphical application that allows setting up all parameters which define a specific neural network.
- I/O clients attach to a neural network and either feed input data into it or read output data from the network. At the moment there is a webcam feeder, which feeds pixel data into neural networks that are aimed at image processing as well as lc2e and Bioloid / Dynamixel robotics connector clients.
NeuroLogics raises the bar for artificial neural network complexity, by allowing real time simulation of hundreds of millions of artificial neural interconnections on commodity PC hardware.